Survivors: Extraordinary Tales from the Wild and Beyond
Author(s): David Long
Winner of the Best Book With Facts Blue Peter Book Award 2017
Beautifully presented in a large, paperback format, and fully illustrated in colour throughout, this wonderful anthology is a treat for all the family. Be shocked and amazed by these incredible real-life stories of extreme survival, including...
- The Man Who Sucked Blood from a Shark, a sailor who survived for 133 days on a raft in the Atlantic when his ship was torpedoed, using shark's blood in place of fresh water.
- The Girl Who Fell From the Sky, a teenager who fell 2 miles from an aeroplane and trekked through the Amazon jungle to safety.
- The Woman Who Froze to Death - Yet Lived, a woman who was trapped under freezing water for so long her heart stopped. Four hours later, medics managed to warm her blood enough to revive her.
Combining classic tales such as Ernest Shackleton's Antarctic voyage, as well as more modern exploits such as the adventurer who inspired the movie 127 Hours, these astonishing stories will be retold by young readers to all of their friends.
Amazing real-life stories about extreme survival.
Writer and historian David Long is the author of the acclaimed Animals' VC: For Gallantry and Devotion and more than twenty other non-fiction books on a wide range of historical subjects. Jet the Rescue Dog, the first of several titles for younger readers, was published by Faber in 2014. He lives in Suffolk and has two teenage sons.
Kerry Hyndman is a London based illustrator and map maker with a wide range of editorial, advertising and publishing clients. In her spare time she likes to snowboard, climb, hit things with rackets and cycle around.
- : 9780571339662
- : Faber & Faber, Incorporated
- : Faber & Faber
- : 0.01
- : August 2019
- : .787 Inches X 7.48 Inches X 9.449 Inches
- : books
- : David Long
- : Paperback
- : 1909
- : Kerry Hyndman
- : English
- : 192